Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

92' Accord lowrider-no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Default 92' Accord lowrider-no start

My 92 Accord has the same problem many have run into apparently with the car just not starting up once and a while. The car would start up fine when i go 2 the store but then it wouldnt start up when I would go 2 leave at first but did eventually after a few cranks. I heard that the main relay(ignition/injecter relay) had probs with the solder cracking inside. I replaced it with a brand new one.No luck. I replaced the ignition coil 2.No luck. Replaced the fuel filter as well. I have fuel pumping fine so it isnt the fuel pump. The entire fuse harness,wires,and fuses on the driverside kick panel as well as the other sensors down there r new as well. When I purchaced the car the engine was swaped with a newer,rebuilt,engine. F22b,maybe a 94' IDK. So they put in all new wires and stuff. The car had been running great for about 3 months. All of a sudden the dash lights and engine flickered and stalled while driving, but started after a few cranks again. A quarter mile later it died 4 good. Im an old school muscle car guy myself but I like imports 2,so all the wires,sensors,fuses and stuff is scary. If anyone can give me some advice,much props 2 ya.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:39 PM

You did what most would do to find the problem with one exception , Check the ignition switch.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:22 PM

Will do. I'll reply back when I take care of it. Thanks 4 the advice. I had a feeling it might b that.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM

check the all the ground wires make sure there tight and in good shape. because the dash flickering and engine not starting sounds like a ground issue or evan as little as the negative terminal on the battery being loose. this is why you don't buy modified cars.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 AM

just finished putting the new ignition switch in and checked all the ground wires which were all good and she started on the first crank. thanks 2 both of you 4 your help. I'll b returning 2 this website if I ever have a prob. hopefully you guys would see my post cause you seem 2 really know what your talking about. thanks again

Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM

yeah older carburated cars are alot easier to work on not to mention alot more room to work. my first car was 63 chevrolet corvair air cooled flat six basically a lawn mower engine im only 29 though lol. the upside of computer controlled cars is the ability to diagnose most problems with a scanner saving you tons of time figuring what the problems are. other then that hondas are extremely reliable when you follow the recommended service up keep.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-30-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yeah older carburated cars are alot easier to work on not to mention alot more room to work. my first car was 63 chevrolet corvair air cooled flat six basically a lawn mower engine im only 29 though lol. the upside of computer controlled cars is the ability to diagnose most problems with a scanner saving you tons of time figuring what the problems are. other then that hondas are extremely reliable when apply follow the recommended up keep.
Glad we could help! Have a great weekend.