Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 accord H22 swap - where's the stick?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Default 93 accord H22 swap - where's the stick?

I guess swaps on accords are not as common as I woulda thought. I've owned many'a civic's, but I don't think i'll ever go back. I'm liking my accord. it's super clean and know there's a lot of potential... I just don't know the 'how-to' performance wise.
So what is it? I know when I swapped my EG, I swapped the harness, mounts, ECU, LS motor/tranny, exhaust, trans-axles... I'd expect the same with my accord, but there's no solid thread out there, ( that I've come across).
*the G-Swap (h22 head on the f23 block) changes compression & it's nice for boosting, but I don't want to loose my a/c.
*a stock h22 swap with 50 shot of NOS will be just fine... and I get to keep my a/c.
so, my stock accord 5 speed tranny. will that bell housing fit that h22 block or am I looking to change that?
will I need new conversion motor mounts? new trans axles? direct replacement harness'? which h22 motor can I use, from what year/model? what other all motor, less hassle conversions options do we [accord enthusiasts] have?
Don't we love what honda does for us? Is there any other make this much fun?
Let's see where this leads! thanks in advance!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

wow lol im completely stumpped on this one. i have done tons of swaps but never in an accord.. bump.. hoping that we can find someone that has tried a swap

Old 11-02-2010, 12:40 AM

Well guys i too haven't done any swap in my car.i too want to know how it is been done.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 PM

you know you can keep you a/c in the accords with a turbo kits installed instead of have the a/c hoses replumbed around the turbo system better to do the head swap and just do the internal upgrades & mill work on your current block, but would also advise having the ecm tuned and chipped for the updated mods, incase you don't know located under passenger floor board, peel carpet down from top to reveal it. I have a 1992 honda accord with F22 JDM engine with heavy mods, stock was F22 also... that would literally rattle your chest when started and no coffe can sound too it either and a lope to die for... well happy ventures in the swap if thats what you really wanna do.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by xylocor
you know you can keep you a/c in the accords with a turbo kits installed instead of have the a/c hoses replumbed around the turbo system better to do the head swap and just do the internal upgrades & mill work on your current block, but would also advise having the ecm tuned and chipped for the updated mods, incase you don't know located under passenger floor board, peel carpet down from top to reveal it. I have a 1992 honda accord with F22 JDM engine with heavy mods, stock was F22 also... that would literally rattle your chest when started and no coffe can sound too it either and a lope to die for... well happy ventures in the swap if thats what you really wanna do.
Ya, I've heard about that g22 - it's the only way to run it is with turbo, but fun. But, you're saying that we can still keep our a/c, for us daily drivers? hmm. I thought that there was not enough room in there for the additional radiator - hence, that is the cooling system for the a/c.
Can anybody confirm that - boosted accord f23/g22 with out loosing the a/c?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:06 AM

But i have tried it, it was very easy job , but looks like a hard job.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Smile a/c kept yes

Originally Posted by coldRun
Ya, I've heard about that g22 - it's the only way to run it is with turbo, but fun. But, you're saying that we can still keep our a/c, for us daily drivers? hmm. I thought that there was not enough room in there for the additional radiator - hence, that is the cooling system for the a/c.
Can anybody confirm that - boosted accord f23/g22 with out loosing the a/c?
yes you can keep the a/c have you not heard of after market hoods in creased hieght for the increased displacement or from simple mods you not be very bright running a stock hood with a turdo mod any ways due to you increased heat, not your friend in performaces setups or stock either, needing of the increased air flow to keep engine compartment cooler. yes its does cost to do all this but remeber YOU HAVE TO PAY...TO PLAY. The more you pay the more you play. i have seen it time and time again guys just half apsen it and it usually alway cost the more in the end than it would have to begin with. and yes it still works all fits just like anything else you have to re-engineer it for your needs, another words still having a/c condenser, intercooler, and 2 1/2" thick after market S/S radiator and cooling fans mine being an auto deleted radiator trans cooling to independant up front tranny cooler with fan, but mine has no trunk space either due to the after maket HHO generator system & mini deep freeze setup with rear air intakes and exits for extra cold char for the after market 32 deg constanst chiller lines blasting into the in take along with the HHO kit ( hydrogen generator ) a system that uses the state of electrolisis to atomize " water into a fuel " the molocules hence providing you hot rod engine with hydrogen fuel & 2 part oxygen to you intake providing a cleaner yet more effiecent burn of the petro fuels point of advice don't try to build one unless you have a great item in mind to use for a catalyst= making the reactivity point happen with far less energy required, you will be impress with the fuel milage increase. well happy ventures maybe gave you some more ideas too lol hope it all works out for you though.

Last edited by xylocor; 11-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.