Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'93- no spark/ no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Default '93- no spark/ no fuel

New here - hi to all!!

Im' working ona 93 accord. This is my mother in laws car and when she asked can you help mr of course i said yes. Usually small probs, right? o well who knows on this one but im in for the long haul so here it is.

She parked car in front of her house night b4 last and next morn would not start. I got there this morn. Seems like there is no spark and no fuel.

I checked for visible spark gap on two spark plugs and right off the distributor, Could see no spark. Also sprayed small amount into air intake and still just a steady crank no turnover with combustion.

I have removed a fairly large bolt, one side was capped, from the fuel line, right on top of the engine. I dont know the name of this cap/but, wtvr; but was told it was way to check for gas getting to injectors. After taking it off the were two holes on either side of the screw it came off of. I'm asuming this is where the gas i was suppose to see came from. But no gas came out while we cranked it. ( i hope sum1 knows the name of or at least knows what bolt im talking about here, or im pob just sounding like an idiot)

In the trunk i found a replaced coil , it was used, she just got the car so im assuming the new coil was replaced at least 4-6 mos ago. If this coil is out, can it be responsible for no gas pump working and no spark, or does it just have to do with the spark?

Maybe there is some really ez, known issue that i can just wave a magic wand it its fixed, doubt that tho. If anyone seem the same type prob or has some info on getting this issue resolved, please share.

any replies would greatly help

ty
-jason

Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. More details the easier to figure out the problem. I'll write items for a no start. distributor ( but you did mention the coil was changed) fuel pump bad,worn spark plugs, bad plug wires, fuel pump relay, main relay, last is ecu.
when if done was the timing belt changed? When you turn your key on just before starting, do you hear a click, and the fuel pump whirring.
If you can call the previous owner and ask if they changed the coil/ignitor it would cut down on one expense.