Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

94 accord lx TCM code 14

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Default 94 accord lx TCM code 14

Hey guys,

My girlfriend's accord started throwing TCM code 14 a while ago, which is where the check engine light comes on and the drive (D) light blinks. Code 14 troubleshooting steps say "Short or open in FAS wire between d16 terminal and ECM" or "Faulty TCM." It runs fine for a few minutes when cold and then throws the code when it warms up. Once the code is thrown, it stalls at idle and has really jerky shifting, but if you otherwise keep your foot on the gas it drives fine. I replaced the TCM with a used one I found online. Didn't fix it. I could have gotten a bad replacement I suppose but I opened up the old one and didn't see any leaking capacitors or anything obvious.

The speedometer has also not worked for a long time, it would generally hover around 20mph all the time when the car was running. Now (somehow?) the needle is stuck under the resting peg so I have no idea what it's doing. But google told me that was a bad speed sensor so I just replaced that today. Car ran great for ten minutes and then threw a code again. So that didn't fix it either.

Unfortunately I'm pretty much at the end of my troubleshooting knowledge. Does anyone have any ideas about what to check next? I found a brown/white wire between the ECM and TCM with an ohm meter and it's not shorted out. Anything else easy I can try or should I just take this thing to a mechanic?

Thanks for your help.