Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 honda accord won't start, won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Default 96 honda accord won't start, won't turn over

I have a 96 honda accord ex and I drove it to work tonight just fine, haven't had any problems with it. worked my shift tonight and when i went to start it after work it wouldn't start. All of the dashlights and the headlights came on but i couldn't hear the fuel pump turn on and it won't turn over at all. Also when i turn my ignition on, my battery light, oil pressure light, and check engine light are flickering and making a clicking noise. Knew it wasn't the battery but i tried to jump start it anyway and made no difference. Any Ideas?

Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Skoglun
I have a 96 honda accord ex and I drove it to work tonight just fine, haven't had any problems with it. worked my shift tonight and when i went to start it after work it wouldn't start. All of the dashlights and the headlights came on but i couldn't hear the fuel pump turn on and it won't turn over at all. Also when i turn my ignition on, my battery light, oil pressure light, and check engine light are flickering and making a clicking noise. Knew it wasn't the battery but i tried to jump start it anyway and made no difference. Any Ideas?
If the check engine light is flashing it means you have a misfire.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Welcome in,sounds like maybe the starter is gone,if you can get to it ,run a screw driver across the terminals and see if it turns over. With the car in neutral of course.