Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

97 accord a/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Default 97 accord a/c issue

I have a 1997 Honda Accord Ex 4cy v-tec engine. The A/C went out after having the motor mounts replaced. My question is with a severe vibration from bad mounts cause issues with the compressor clutch? I have had people tell that it will mess up the alignment a bit and come cause issues with the transmission and even the compressor clutch. It feels odd since I replaced the mounts the mechanic mention to me how my a/c was low and may need to be serviced. Anyway I ignored it because I thought he was trying make a buck and tested the A/C and it was working fine. Now it is hot as blazes and the A/C doesn't work. I took it to Oil Can Henry's to replace the freon and it had freon still in the system. They evacuated the system and filled again no luck. He told me the clutch isn't kicking in like it should and checked the fuses and they were good. I could tell since the engine didn't rev harder or work harder like it use to. Dag man now I got to fix another thing. So far this summer I have replaced the radiator, lower and upper hoses,thermostat, starter, and tires. I need a break. Any help is greatly appreciated.