Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Accord Not Sure What the Parts Are Called

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Question 97 Accord Not Sure What the Parts Are Called

Hi fellow Honda lovers!

The realization hit me today that there were some items "missing" or "broken" during/after the body work and paint were done. The problem is, I haven't a clue what the parts are called to order replacements. I'm hoping someone on the list will be able to assist me.

1) The hood gasket needs to be replaced. There are 2 gaskets. I'm not sure what this first one is called. It also has little plastic "pin" thingies in it for popping into existing holes in the hood

What's that first gasket called? and where would I purchase a replacement?

2) the front "louver" - the part between the hood and the front bumper - is missing a screw - much like I am! Is there a specific type of screw I should look for? any idea what size it would be?

The screw is here

But the screw is NOT here

3) The rear bumper is missing a few "screws" or snap in screw type things - this is why I need to know what this stuff is called LOL

This is 1 of 2 "screw" type or "snap through" things holding the bumper on

2 missing on the passenger side rear bumper

1 missing on the driver's side rear bumper. What are these called?

4) I THINK there might be a part missing between the rear window and the trunk area, but I'm not sure and I don't remember if there was something in that space before or not...but there seem to be screw holes so I can only guess there should be something there...No clue what it's called...help please

It looks like something is missing because there are screw holes

But I have no idea what it is called or even if there is actually something missing

5) Last on my list is just a general question more than a "what's it called?". The windshield washer fluid line was removed and they didn't put it back. I didn't realize that until a week after I had the car. Today I went to the auto parts store to get the hose, connectors etc. but the guy at the store is telling me that the place where the tiny bit of hose is poking out isn't the right location, that the hose that "attaches" to the tiny bit of hose that is left is supposed to slide OVER the hose that's left and not connect via a "connector" type thing...and again, it's coming up in the wrong place. Where should it come up? annnddddd....the little clip that goes under the hood to hold the hose up in the center between the 2 squirters is missing...what is that little clip called? and can I purchase a replacement? or should I go with the zip tie?

Where the hose is currently popping out between the hood and the car body. Where should the hose actually come up from the washer container?

This is the spot where the clip to hold the hose is supposed to go. What is it called? can I purchase another one? or should I go the zip tie route?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. I'm happy to have someplace to go to ask my silly questions..but I'm really trying to learn!

Old 12-18-2018, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

if you go to hondaautomotiveparts.com or majestic Honda, you can put in all your info on the car and view the parts and p/n and cost. for exp: the front hood seal is #17 on the diagram pn sku 74148-sr4-000. 20.47. if you are going to Honda to pick up the parts, they will know what to look at. if you go to after market then the pn's will do no good. the buttons you are missing can be purchased on ebay, amazon, parts house, a bag of misc. button fasterners .

Old 12-18-2018, 02:49 AM

if you have a u pull it salvage yard close by , you can get the parts yourself sure would be cheaper that way

Old 12-18-2018, 05:19 AM

Thank you very much acmech52. I'll definitely be looking up your suggestions to find my parts and, more than likely, purchase them. I do appreciate the assistance. I'll get this figured out. When I was at the auto parts store I knew what I was asking for but didn't know what it was called so there was a lot of "that hood thingy molding stuff with the little pins" and the "hose splitter connector thingy for the wipe fluid hose...you know, the one that gets the hose from the first squirter to the second" LOL. Poor man...but he finally understood what I was talking about.

If I weren't currently inured, can't use my right arm at the moment, I'd have already been under the car and all over it trying to do the work myself - especially on the window washer fluid hose. I love learning new things and this has really caught my interest (next would be welding LOL which has nothing to do with my car).

Doing MY car makeover is really getting me into cars. Last week a coworker, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, had a tiny accident with a work truck and she ripped her passenger side window off. I couldn't help myself...it was her birthday on 12/6 so I hopped on Ebay and ordered the new mirror for her. It's up to her to find someone to install it, but looking at all the parts available for her ride was so much fun!

Thanks again acmech52. I can't wait to look at the diagrams!

Old 12-18-2018, 05:30 AM
Default 97 Accord Not Sure What the Parts Are Called

Originally Posted by mayhem
if you have a u pull it salvage yard close by , you can get the parts yourself sure would be cheaper that way
Thank you mayhem! I DO have a u-pull-it nearby and I've actually been in there a couple of times over the years for little bits and bobs. I'd LOVE to run over there this week and get the parts I need, after I look at the parts lists that acmech52 suggested, but currently I'm injured - can't use my right arm - and the idea of attempting to pull these parts without damaging them, like body repair man did when he removed the parts to paint the car, seems at the edge of impossible for me at the moment. This guy is supposedly a professional and I'm sure this isn't the first time he's removed molding etc. to paint a vehicle so the fact that most of the plastic pins ended up broken/damaged I'm going to guess either they are a real bitch to get off without damaging OR...and I hate to think this..the auto body guy is completely inept. Just wishing that during the 5 1/2 weeks he had the car he'd have told me so I couldn't gotten the replacements installed prior to picking the car up. At this point it has just been one little surprise after another and not in a good way.

I'm on the "u-pull-it" mailing list so every time they get in a car that matches mine they send an email. MAYBE, they'll have something new come in soon. It's been about 4 weeks since they brought one in that would have parts to fix my car so I think they're do. I might just have to grab my 22 year old son, force him into work clothes and drag him over there to remove the parts for me.

Again thank you mayhem for your time replying and your assistance. I have more questions I'll ask in a different thread.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

mayhem did suggested a good way to get parts, find a salvage yard, and if there is a car in your year group to pick parts from. lot cheaper. Kudo's Mayhem