Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord Hybrid Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 02:32 AM
Default Accord Hybrid Questions

I have been considering a 2.0 10-speed Accord EXL, but now I am leaning toward the hybrid to get the engine with port injection and natural aspiration. The hybrid aspect will be a bonus but I was more concerned about direct injection and the turbo. So the hybrid seems like a good choice.

My question is about the hybrid batteries. The warranty is for 8 years but we will keep this car for double that. So, what am I in for when it comes time to replace the battery pack? How expensive is it going to be?

Old 06-25-2019, 07:26 PM

Don't know too much about hybrids
However, if the main drive is the electric motor then the gas engine is just used as a method to deliver charge to the battery and electric motor.
The motor is usually tuned to give the best efficiency. Sometimes this means working on an Atkinson cycle.

As for changing the battery, there are some videos about changing a Prius battery.
They tell where to buy a battery and how to proceed.
Would assume it should be similar for Honda
If you want to pay someone else to replace it for you then the cost shoots up.
Searching the internet, I see prices for the battery at nearly $2000 and for someone else to do it ... up to $6000.
Of course this may all change in the near future.
Depends on how many Hybrids are sold and what the manufacturers are doing in the mean time to reduce prices
Good luck