Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Performance - 2009 Accord LX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Default Aftermarket Performance - 2009 Accord LX-S

I recently purchased a 2009 Honda Accord LX-S Coupe 2.4L. I have been looking around for some performance parts for my car & I am not having a whole lot of luck. I realize that it is still pretty early to expect to much but I would be happy at this point to be able to upgrade to a cold air intake, minor suspension modifications such as springs, strut bars & sway bars & possibly the muffler. Also if anyone has recently installed a new muffler on this car can anyone make a suggestion? I don't want to get that loud, high pitched "lawnmower" effect but being that it is a 4 cyl. I am likely to get some anyway. I'd be exstatic to get be able to upgrade to dual exaust & achieve a sound just a little deeper than the stock muffler & maybe a little louder.

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. First thing is to ask your dealer's service dept mgr "what types of mod's can I put on my car with the warranty still intact" He will advise you on what and how if any you can do without loosing your warranty. I you go to Ebay, or performance sites for the Accord, you may find some. Also if those on ebay have up to a certain year, write to the seller and ask them if the 09 is covered. as far as exhaust goes, if you install a 2 1/2 in exhaust pipe and turbo type muffler your exhaust will have a low tone, not a lawnmower effect. My son and i put in the pipe, bomzit round can, and a flow through ( empty ) cat and it sound mellow, low, sound, take the plug out the end and it was too loud. Talk to your service mgr first.