Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Agua in the Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Default Agua in the Accord

I live in a wet climate. My 2003 Accord LX is parked outside and the cabin collects lots of moisture on cold nights. It collects on the underside of the roof (between the roof and the headliner) and drips out through the map light on some mornings.The car is in good shape. There is one small glass crack in the base of the windshield but all the other glass is sound. The door seals are pliable as I lubricate them with silicon 2-3 times per year. No moisture in the trunk. A rodent did eat away at some of the insulation on the firewall, but I see no damage to the gaskets and no obvious points of air penetration.Any idea where the moisture is getting in or how to find where it is getting in?

Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, the only way I have been able to find water leaks into the cab is to have someone shoot high pressure water into the cab in the area of the leak and one person on the inside watching, sometimes it is time consuming, and other times the leaks come in from a different area that is being watered down at,

Old 12-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Unfortunately the origin of a leak is hard to pinpoint,like in the roof of a house it may leak in one point and run to the nearest exit. I have located leaks in trunks by getting in the trunk with a
flash light and someone pours water on it. If you take the headliner out it should be easy to locate,around here a new headliner costs around $200 installed,that may be a good investment.good luck.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 AM

Unfortunately the origin of a leak is hard to pinpoint,like in the roof of a house it may leak in one point and run to the nearest exit. I have located leaks in trunks by getting in the trunk with a
flash light and someone pours water on it. If you take the headliner out it should be easy to locate,around here a new headliner costs around $200 installed,that may be a good investment.good luck.