Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying 09 Accord LX

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Default Buying 09 Accord LX

Greetings folks. I'm in the process of purchasing my first Honda, and I'd like tips/opinions on this vehicle: http://easyexport.us/carfinder/vehic...=4c054bdec9d5b It looks like it's in great condition. What do you folks think about car auctions? Also, what do you think about buying a salvage title vehicle? Any info. would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 PM

The problems with a car that has been in an accident is that depending on the damage, the integrity of the frame can be compromised and can lead to a much worst accident than should have been if you were to be in one. Which is a huge safety issue. From what I hear from car auctions is really dependent on luck. You may get a lemon you may not. make a good sound decision on buying.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the fourm. I have purchased many salvage title cars. My purpose was to keep the car until it died, or for a friend who intended to do the same, not for resale, give away only. You need to know the car very good, must inspect and know why salvage and check on damage. If this is your first salvage I would reccomend you take a mech and view the car very good. Once you purchase, its your problem if anything comes up. know what you are purchasing and know that the price is cheap for a purpose. Insurance will not give full coverage, and you cannot sell it for full price.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the fourm. I have purchased many salvage title cars. My purpose was to keep the car until it died, or for a friend who intended to do the same, not for resale, give away only. You need to know the car very good, must inspect and know why salvage and check on damage. If this is your first salvage I would reccomend you take a mech and view the car very good. Once you purchase, its your problem if anything comes up. know what you are purchasing and know that the price is cheap for a purpose. Insurance will not give full coverage, and you cannot sell it for full price.
Thanks for the info., I intend on taking a tech to inspect the cars. Great info.!