Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD7 Auto to Manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Default CD7 Auto to Manual swap

Now I know this has been covered here as it has on several forums, but I also know that when I search in a few minutes I will get 1001 posts that mention auto trannys, manual trannys, and the word swap and only 5 will have anything useful and atleast 2 will be 5 to 10 pages long with a religous debate as to weather at halfshafts will work with a manual or if the mounts will need a special washer ect it always happens that way.

So here is my questions I am about to pick up a lx/dx 94 Accord I dont even know if its a CD5 or 7 lol I told the guy aslong as its a 94 thru 97 with a 5 spd I m happy. And I plan on using its 5spd to replace my blown auto slush box in my 94 CD7 EX-L. I will have both cars in complete form to my knowledge I was told the donor car had nothing removed from it but grill and lights. What are the pitfalls/hangups with doing this swap. Will I have to do any modifacations or can I pretty much unbolt my auto items and bolt up the manual items in place? I know someone out there has done this with thier two hands (and atleast 3 buddies hands) and I would like thier knowledge to be imparted cause expierience is 10 times more vauluable then reading about it. Also I want the wiring to be as close to proper as I can without unneeded work and messing with car wirring is a past time of mine so some cutting and splicing or even pulling the interior and swapping a harness is cool with me just would like to know what needs swaped before I cut 5 too many wires. Thanks for any information I can gather up here. and I will keep everyone posted with the progress slow as it will be.

Last edited by Mille-16i; 11-18-2010 at 01:18 PM.