Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Default Dashboard

I have a 99 Honda Accord LX and on the dashboard the CAR DOOR AND TRUNK lights are constantly on and I had it diagnose twice and it showed no problem with the wiring. So if anyone have, had this problem before or can assist me with this problem it would be a big help THANX.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Dashboard

Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door?

And are all the lights (Doors and trunk) lighting up or just one of them?

It's important to know since it may be a defective door or trunk switch that is grounding out to keep your indicator light and your dome light on indefinitely.

Dongss

Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 AM

i have a 4 door. its all the lights. thats the thing the dome lights are working properly, when you open the door it turns on and when you close the door it turns off. its just on the dashboard the lights are on.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM

It sounds like the Safety indicator circuit in the instrument cluster is defective. The wiring diagram shows multiple diodes in the circuit. The only thing that should make the door/ trunk indicator lights go on is by grounding the respective door/trunk switch.

But I also see something interesting in the cuircuit diagram, it seems your car may have a brake light sensor built in and maybe by having a blown out or bad brake light bulb, it may be triggering this to stay on as indication to check all your lights esp. the brake lights.

If neither yields any positive results, the last thing to try is to find a buddy with the simliar body style model years 1998-2002 and sway out the instrument cluster to ensure it is the instrument cluster that is defective.

Not hard to remove, just (3) plugs on top of the cluster unlike the old days with the pain in the butt speedo cable.

Good Luck!

Dongss

Old 07-26-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks foryour help. I have another problem my SRS indicator is on also on the dashboard. I replaced both of the air bags and the SRS module in the center console. Do I have to go get the light reset at a shop or can I do it my self. Do I have to reset the light for the air bags to work?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Sorry, I was gone for a week!!!

How did you make out with your indicator lights?

if your SRS light is on, then you should go to a qualified shop only because it is a life safety device and is not a DIY item.

More than likely, if your car was in an accident and the SRS light is on, then not only your airbags should be replaced but maybe also the inertia case. Some are resettable and some are not. This is the device that actually measures the impact and sets off the airbags. Some cars even have (2) for front to back motion and side to side.

Dongss

Old 07-29-2007, 09:20 PM

I just realized you did replace your SRS box, even so the SRS light will spit out a code to why it is keeping the SRS out of service.

If that SRS light is on, you are driving without airbags right now.

Have a shop check the codes and then maybe you can provide the parts to make the repair cheaper.

Either way, it's a small price to pay for safety!!!

Dongss