Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive axles? tranny problems? or misfiring???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Default drive axles? tranny problems? or misfiring???????

i bought a 94 ex auto tranny with a 147,000 i really have no previous knowledge on the car or its maintainace, the car might have several seperate problems but here is what its doing, first when i turn sharp from a stop i hear a clicking sound which i figured was the drive axle on the right side then it started doing it when i turn left sometimes , also at the same time when i drive the car say when im at a light or stop sign and accelerate normal like say a older person the car stutters like its either missing or something but if you accelerate it more it runs perfect its just when your accelerating at low rpms even when im going say 40mph and barley touch the gas to continue going at the speed it does it , im lost like a **** and by the way theres no check engine light on

Old 01-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: drive axles? tranny problems? or misfiring???????

welcome to the forum. the clicking noise is the cv's as you state. the shutter from the trans might be from needing service, the clutches in the trans may be slipping.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Default RE: drive axles? tranny problems? or misfiring???????

Hello,

If this car is shuddering on take off, there might be a low pressure problem since it is at light throttle. If that is the case, there is a cable coming up from the trans to the throttle body and hooking to a cam. You can tighten up on this cable to raise line pressure up in the trans. Just loosen the1 of the14mm nuts and move the cable with the other nut as if you were going to make it shorter. If it's only about 40mph or so, could be a torque converter shudder. If that's the case, just go to a local tranny shop and ask for a tube of shudder fix and that should take care of it. If the computer sees trouble with any Honda trans, either the D4 light will flash or the S light if it has one. If the S light ever stays on all the time, then you have a badTCM, which is under the passenger side floor board. Hope this helps.