Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Franken-Honda... 02' Accord EX-F23A1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Default Franken-Honda... 02' Accord EX-F23A1

Well to start off, this isn't a question about mechanical issues.. More like creative modification.. I slammed into a deer this morning on my way to work. Miraculously (at 50mph) it only bent the hood and cracked the bumper in half. Somehow I didnt even crack a headlight. But thats just luck, and this is the second deer in 2 years my honda has survived. Since I live in an area with a large population of deer I think its time to take the accord in a new direction. I need ARMOR.. I know it sounds funny, but I'm seriously looking into putting a Road Armor bumper (or any off-road bumper) on it. Has anyone heard of this being done before or know of any way to make this happen? I know I'll need to beef up the suspension for the extra weight. Hell, I might even try to lift it an inch or 2 and give her some beefy tires to make it look a little mean. But im really stuck on this bumper thing and could use a little creative insight and some good ideas.. This will truely be a Franken-Honda when finished.. Thanks Guys

Old 04-06-2014, 07:38 PM

Welcome in,anything is possible,but sure as you beef up the front one will get you from the side,if you do decide to do it post pictures,good luck.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 PM

its been done before as seen here http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1819616 any welder fabricator can easily design you something or you could purchase a push bar for a honda pilot or odyssey and have it modified to fit. you could even have mesh welded in the gaps to keep deer parts from penetrating just goggle HONDA PUSH BAR. as for the lift you could have custom springs made from SWIFT http://www.swiftsprings.net/ to lift the car or buy or have fabricated some spring lift spacers thats also been done to lift civics. then find the biggest tire that can fit and your all set. but no that lifting your car on stock suspension will give you less uptravel making the ride quality worse.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.