Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump 98 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Default Fuel Pump 98 Accord

I need a fuel pump for a 98 accord. I usually try to buy my parts online because its cheaper than having the mechanic order them.

Are there any things I should know about buying this part? Anything I should watch out for? Is it possible that I could end up buying the wrong part if I'm buying something with the text "fuel pump for 98 honda accord" (for example: what if there are various types of fuel pumps for that model and year, and some pumps dont go with every 98 accord?)

I know this is all pretty vague, I wish I knew what I was doing, lol. I'd just appreciate anything that might come to your head concerning this, and maybe help me avoid buying something that I cannot use, or something not worth using.

Thanks!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM

The only sure way not to get scammed is to go to a dealership to get a replacement pump. Also, If you want an aftermarket one, I would order it off a website with good reviews and a site you are able to unput your year, make, and model of your car to insure you are getting the right part. Happy hunting!

Old 04-18-2010, 04:41 AM

parts like electrical components are highly recommended that you buy from the dealership. the only thing i ever bought that was aftermarket was my alternator and plug wires, because i wanted a lifetime warranty from autozone. i even buy a dizzy cap and rotor from the dealership. seems to be a lot better quality than any other aftermarket brands.

my 2 cents