Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good compression but no firing cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Default Good compression but no firing cylinder

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Of course im here cause I have a problem that needs help solving, I have a 90 accord automatic with a 92 motor in it , and here are my issues...

Car History: been sitting on the backside of carlot for months, ran fine before that. I replaced (as needed) the plugs, wires, rotor, cap, battery, crank pulley,alt belt, pwr steering belt

First Issue: Cylinder #1 (going from right to left) is not firing, the motor was running rough and I figured it was a misfire of some sort so I pulled each plug wire, one at a time. 4,3,and 2, are all firing since they severly affected the idle when pulled, but #1 makes no change in the idle when pulled.I have done a compression test on all 4 cylinders, and they are all at 145-150 range so all should be well there right? Also I pulled the plug and wire on cylinder #1 to check for spark, and it sparked. So that leads me to believe its a fuel problem.. so lets see if i narrowed it down to the fuelpump, the fuel pressure regulator, or the fuel injector (did I miss anything?). So I swapped injector 1 and 2 with each other in hopes that cylinder 2 wouldnt fire and solve my problem with a bad injector, but now 1 and 2 arent firing.
Could that be a fuel pressure regulator??? or fuel pump?

Second issue: The classic idle problem, it revs up and down when warm and idling, I checked all vacuum hoses, and even pulled the IACV and cleaned it good with brake fluid cleaner (didnt even seem that dirty) and still have the idle problem.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

did you check valve clearence, and question on the vaccum leak check, how was this performed?