Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Help with 99 accord 6 cylinder (6 gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Default Help with 99 accord 6 cylinder (6 gen)

Hi yall, I could really use some help with my accord. I love it and have already drop a deal of money into her and still no fix. I keep coming across things needing done but apparantly werent the issue. Im going to give a full detail account because maybe one of yalls will see something i over looked... It started on aug 9 2016 when driving down the road my tirod snapped and ended my cars said life. Well last March we replaced the tirod and had to charge the battery because she was dead and kept triggering the alarm. Well after dealing with that we started her to life and found the idol was erratic.. Upon driving we found she just kept gasing up faster and faster rpms going nuts. Thus we shut her down and started this journey that hasnt ended... Discovered fuel lines broke and break lines broke. Replaced both. Also replaced the tps (fixing the erratic idol and throttleing).. But the only way she will start up is by pouring gas in throttle body and once that burns up dead she goes.. Ok so we check fuel pump.. We fried it due to broke gas lines and crank starting hit bottom of tank and all the crude i think fried the pump. So i bought the new pump and filter assembly and transfered the meter senor float thing. Put the new pump in and gasoline in tank... Still a crank no start... Ok the spark plugs were bought brand new thinking maybe its spark.. Still crank no start.. Tore apart the distuburter cap and rotor.. Looked old and worn.. Bought new... Still crank no start... Now we have found a hose thats about 3/4 inch thick and just over a foot long hanging lose underneath the car by the back driver side tire.. Next to some plastic box looking things (evac boxes) what is this hose it is craxked as well and i need to replace it... Also do you think this could finally solve my issue. Im out of ideas and going crazy or should i give up and finally belive the old movie and start saying foreigners put gremlins in their autos and machinery.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, seems to me that you have a vehicle that was driven without much up keep and now you have all the work that was suppose to be done but not, once you fix all the gremlins you should have a good vehicle, if you put fuel into the throttle body and it runs until fuel burns out, your ignition system is good, you are still not getting fuel up to the injectors, disconnect the fuel line into the fuel manifold and turn on the fuel pump, see if fuel is coming up to the injector manifold..