Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering a 94 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Default Lowering a 94 Accord

So i bought some neuspeed 1.75" drop springs for my accord and was preparing to put them on this last sunday when my mechanic who was helping me said i had a "modified a" and i needed a lowering camber kit or camber kit in general,... in order to lower my car. I was looking up how much camber kits cost and saw anywhere from 60- to 100$.

Question 1: What type of camber kit do i need? Is it any or does it need to be specified for lowering?
Question 2: Would ones off ebay be ok for this or do i need to drop the big $ which i already did on the springs, so if i can get away going cheaper on this i would like to.

Let me know, and any other info or tips are more then welcome!

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:39 AM

i don't know if this will help but the hole point in a camber kit is so when you drop your suspension your tires will wear uneven because the inside will have more contact. i recommend buying from a local store so that you can return/exchange them. There are different kits. i recommend a name brand with the correct amount of ajustments.
i prefer full coil overs kits so that you can adjust the height (fyi) just in case you run into clearance issues. also a good adjustable shocks are nice too so that you can adjust the rebound and damping. With stock shocks/struts you might find that they might be too soft. might want to replace all your bushing with poly ones and go with either a stiffer sway bar or add a one and maybe a strut brace on both your front and rear towers.

if your going to spend money on your suspension why not pay more and do it right so you don't have to worry about redoing it later.

hope my two cents help