Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Moderate Vibration on a 2015 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Exclamation Moderate Vibration on a 2015 Accord

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced what we are experiencing with our brand new Honda Accord.

At idle and in drive gear the car had moderate vibrations that can be felt in the steering wheel, seat, etc. In fact I can feel vibrations in the small of my back. It feels like I am getting a high vibration massage on my kidneys.

I took the car into the dealership and they had 3 tech plus my service advisor go through everything. The finding is that they felt what I felt, but found it on all new Accord's on the lot. They suggested calling Honda Corporate, which I did. A case has been opened.

Appears that another Honda model has a vibration problem (CRV). Honda is aware of it and investigating the CRV issue. But until there are enough complaints, Honda won't be looking into the my complaint for the Accord.

My issue is this - if I spend $30K on a full loaded car, I expect it to be smooth as butter. In fact my 2006 Pilot is more smooth that the new car.

Question - anyone else noticed any moderate vibrations on their 2015 Accords?

Thanks

Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. When my wife and I both test drove the 15 accord, it was very smooth, no vibration. suggest you start a log book on your accord, and start to detail all the info on the vibration, also each time you take it in to the dealer, complain about it. also tell your sales person or call him/her once a week and advise them of the vibration. Yes you paid for a nice new smooth car, not an egg beater.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the advise. I'll keep documenting and bothering them.

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. When my wife and I both test drove the 15 accord, it was very smooth, no vibration. suggest you start a log book on your accord, and start to detail all the info on the vibration, also each time you take it in to the dealer, complain about it. also tell your sales person or call him/her once a week and advise them of the vibration. Yes you paid for a nice new smooth car, not an egg beater.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:10 PM

That is strange,our 2015 is as smooth as silk,your account of feeling it in the seat and steering wheel suggests a wheel problem,a wheel wieght may have come off or something stuck in the tire ,you didnt havea tire repaired lately have you?

Old 06-06-2015, 04:15 PM

No repairs of any sort, this a brand new car with 5K miles on it (that we put on commuting to work). And this vibration is happening at idle in Drive - not when driving at any speed.

Originally Posted by bucwheat
That is strange,our 2015 is as smooth as silk,your account of feeling it in the seat and steering wheel suggests a wheel problem,a wheel wieght may have come off or something stuck in the tire ,you didnt havea tire repaired lately have you?

Old 06-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Then it maybe transmission or motor mount problem,when you put your foot on the brake in drive and give it gas (like power braking) does the vibration get worse?

Old 06-06-2015, 04:30 PM

I guess I should clarify...

The dealership found nothing wrong with the car over the period of 3 days they had it. All hardware (mounts, etc.) were fine, software up today, etc.

My point is this - if there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, AND if no one else is having these issues, then we have a lemon. On the other hand, if I can find other people with a 2015 model that have these excessive vibrations at idle, then Honda has a problem on their hands and should be aware of it.

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Then it maybe transmission or motor mount problem,when you put your foot on the brake in drive and give it gas (like power braking) does the vibration get worse?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:10 AM

I have a 15 Accord Sport with no such problem.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by erdna65
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced what we are experiencing with our brand new Honda Accord.

At idle and in drive gear the car had moderate vibrations that can be felt in the steering wheel, seat, etc. In fact I can feel vibrations in the small of my back. It feels like I am getting a high vibration massage on my kidneys.

I took the car into the dealership and they had 3 tech plus my service advisor go through everything. The finding is that they felt what I felt, but found it on all new Accord's on the lot. They suggested calling Honda Corporate, which I did. A case has been opened.

Appears that another Honda model has a vibration problem (CRV). Honda is aware of it and investigating the CRV issue. But until there are enough complaints, Honda won't be looking into the my complaint for the Accord.

My issue is this - if I spend $30K on a full loaded car, I expect it to be smooth as butter. In fact my 2006 Pilot is more smooth that the new car.

Question - anyone else noticed any moderate vibrations on their 2015 Accords?

Thanks

I just purchased a NEW 2016 Honda Sport with 6miles it started tovibrate before I got home especially in the seats, brakes and wheel when the car is idle it alsotrembles when the car’s in reverse, I called the next day and the car was"checked" by the their "tech" and he said the vibration isn't abnormal.I can't believe I just borrowed so much money to buy a piece of vibrating junk, the car is less than a week old.I'm hoping to get another vehicle or my money back. I am beyond disappointed.SMH

Old 05-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Default 2015 Accord Vibration

I also recently purchased a 2015 Accord V6 Touring. Within the first few days i noticed Vibrations in the drive train that I would guess were bearings in the transmission. after two trips to the dealership and a day and a half of driving and testing the culprit was the variable cylinder management system and everything was "normal". BALOGNA. A $35K Flagship car should be as someone else noted "smooth as silk". I am waiting to find an approved way to disable VCM. I could not recommend this car to anyone.

Quick Reply: Moderate Vibration on a 2015 Accord