Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tire, Dealer or Discount Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Smile New Tire, Dealer or Discount Tire?

I purchased brand new 2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan 25 days ago. However, I got a flat tire yesterday. I talked to my dealer and they told me that it is related to the bumper we made and they do not cover the tire. I do not know if it is true but long story short. Anyway, dealer wants me to pay $160 for a new tire.

I checked the price online, for $160 I probably could get a better tire and better warranty from discount tire or Costco. I know if I buy it from dealer, it will probably the same OEM one, Firestone Affinity and there is no any coverage for road damage. If I buy from discount tire or Costco, at that price I could get a much better tire and much better warranty.

However, today when I search online it looks like that 2013 honda Accord LX might have some tire sensors. I know there is low tire pressure light on my car flashing right now. But I am not sure where the tire sensor is. When we change the tire in discount tire, will it also affect the tire sensor? Does the tire sensor need to be reset or reinserted to the new tire? How big is chance the discount tire or Costco will mess up the tire sensor? Or should I go to dealer or should I go to discount tire or costco?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. My son took his altima to America's Tires ( Discount tires same owners) put on new tires at 1/3 the cost of dealer. messed up the tire sensor, and replace it to make it right. I have gone to Americas tires due to good service, good prices, good warranties. started with them before 2002. Costco is good, best to price the tires if you need to, and compare like tires with like tires for cost.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 AM

you don't want to mix and match tires purchase the same tire you have on there now.