Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Newby with two issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Default Newby with two issues...

Ok, this all started when my clutch went out...Everything else was working fine at this point except clutch.

So I had a mechanic friend change out my clutch on my 93 accord ex.

Removal went fine, install went as expected...

So he showed me that it now started and went into every gear without any issues and showed me that my clutch engaged and disengaged properly...

So I paid him and he was on his way and my family hopped in the accord to go out for ride.

Well i started it up and I put it in reverse and backed up but when I got to the end of the driveway I noticed that I had no power steering?

So I figured I would drive and at a few stop lights I would turn the wheels left & right to bleed the system.

This proved wrong? I still don't have power steering and it worked flawlessly prior to the clutch going in.
I even tried bleeding the system at home...and all belts are on th right way and are a week old.

Mechanic friend is out of town for a week and I need my car back , so anyone have any ideas on what may be the issue. i

Also one more question, Anyone know what gets connected to this fitting above the transmission where the shift cables connect there is what appears to be a long tubing connector, what goes connected to it, because nothing is connected to it? because it is really clean like something covered it before?