Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Default no start

94 HONDA ACCORD EX VTECH SEDAN 5speed>>>After i replaced my starter, some electrical prblms started up. While driving you would hear a clicking noise in the passanger side of the dash, the radio and the rear defroster would go out durng the clicking. Then it progressed into sometimes it wouldn't start. I tightened up the battery ground wire because it was loose, and this seemed to fix it. After about a week it started again, but this time the click would cause a small miss in the motor, every time it clicked the motor missed, sometimes the headlights got dim, and it would click for longer. Then again progressed into very hard to get it started. I noticed the battery cable going to the main fuse box was really loose and half exposed, so i cleaned it up and reattached, and it ran great for a day. the next morning it wouldn't start at all, dragged on the jump start. You turn the key and the lights are real dim, then come brighten up to normal, but wont start and if you try to turn the headlights on it loses all power. Had the battery and Alt tested they are both in perfect condition. It will jump start but is very hard to do. And there is NO indicator light that comes on. It comes on when they key is turned but goes off and doesn't come back on during any of the probs listed. Thanks for your help

Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

It seems all this happened after changing the starter. since all the connections are tight. check ground connectors, and might think of getting the starter checked if it is a rebuilt. Also check the firewall connections.