Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Odd Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Default Odd Problem

I have a 93 Honda Accord with about 165,000 miles. The past several months, it has not been driving well. It all started with the engine dying whileI wasdriving. The RPM's just drop for a second, the car jerks back, then it comes back on suddenly and continues driving without problem. This happened with increasing frequency for about a month until it died completely on the side of the road.

At that time, I took it to a mechanic...he checked the relays, fuel pump, spark plugs, the ignitor, the oxygen sensor, and a handfull of other things (I apologize, I'm not veryknowledgeable about cars and such...). He banged his head against it for a couple of weeks and eventually gave up. After sitting in his shop for a week, the car mysteriously started upand drove fine for about a month. Then my brake light in the dash and the ABS light would intermittently come on and off while driving, along with the check engine light. The car continued to die from timeto time but I was able to start it and drive to work.

Now, it is dead again in my garage. The starter turns over but the engine doesn't start. When I try to start it, all of the lights at my dash come on and the battery light flashes... my radio and headlights work just fine. Any ideas??? Thanks for the help!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Default RE: Odd Problem

I forgot to mention that about two weeks ago, my left blinker started clicking fast like the bulb was out...It took me a couple days to replace it and by that time it was working fine, clicking like normal.

...I'm thinking it's something electrical? Some kind of short? I have no idea, just seems like it with all these lights coming on and off...any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!