Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pinout

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Default pinout

Hi,
Would someone be so kind as to tell me which pins to jumper to display the codes on this vehicle. I know I can go to the parts outlet but I'm lazy.
Also I've read here about a manual from Helms. Haynes areOK in some cases and Clymer's are good for old British and European Bikes,Petersons for European Autos. Where does one find these Helms manuals? Thanks in advance for your help. T

Old 11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: pinout

I get my helms from Pep Boys, Auto Zone, I even go to the library and get info on different cars. most parts places have them, also on ebay. I get the used factory service manual, its a bit easier to understand for me, and if I talk with a Honda service rep, he/she knows what page I'm looking at.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Hey,
Yes, I have factory manuals for the Dodge van and the BMW 635CSI and they are a lot of help and I'm watching a couple of books on ebayfor the Honda. I am curious about the overlap in years for some of them. On the one hand I should only need the 98' butI've seen one that spans 98'-00 and I wonder if I should take itfor the possible changes and corrections it may contain.
In general it has been a very reliable vehicle and for the most part she supports the family and friends of the dealership and I have a quiet life in this regard.I guess I just can't leave well enough alone. I may even look for a code reader if I can use it on the 93' Dodge as well. Any suggestions on this?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

try this site, www.autotap.com I've received a lot of communications from them.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 AM

the pins to jump are 8 and 13