Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Sat in my uncle's '96 Accord.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Default Sat in my uncle's '96 Accord.

My uncle was in for a visit and I sat in his 1996 Accord.....what a nice little car! If his was a manual shift, I'd try to buy it.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

good car to do mods on.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Lightbulb

This will be the new color

Existing Mirrors
I'm so happy I found this message board! I have a 97 Honda Accord Special Edition. I am the 2nd owner of the car but actually bought it in 1998 so it was like new. 20 Years later and it still runs like a champ. I recently decided to do some mods on it and have it repainted. Over the past several months I've searched for and purchased many new parts for it including new headlights, tail lights, pillars etc. The one thing I'm having a hard time finding is updated side view mirrors! I'm here to ask if anyone has any suggestions. I've tried carID, Ebay (where I actually found a set I liked, ordered them, only to find out later that they were out of stock and probably wouldn't be back in stock for a long time). I currently have the "factory" power/foldable mirrors. What I'd LIKE to have is mirrors that have the turn signal light in them, on them, to the side of them...I'm sure you understand. A more "updated" look.

I take the car this Friday to start the body work and painting portion. They'll do the install of all the new parts I've accumulated, but I'd really like to find new mirrors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by callierouse214; 10-25-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: pictures not there
Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 PM

Try the local junkyard or Craigslist on wrecked Accords. I found an excellent driver's side mirror for my 2002 Accord on Craigslist for all of $5.00 that way. You'll probably have to go to the junkyard and remove the parts yourself. If you don't already have the tools or the know-how, we'll help you here and youtube probably has a video on how to do it. *Everyone should have some tools anyway.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:12 PM

I love a good junkyard! In fact I was at a "u pull it" not to long ago searching for that little plastic change door thingy that's to the left of the steering wheel on the dashboard...PITA is what that was...Nice to see that models AFTER mine they seemed to get a clue and designed it to actually stay connected but didn't help me much LOL.

I do have tools! I guess what I'd need to know is what other model years side view mirrors would fit on my '97. I might have more selection that way.
I'm so excited about this makeover LOL. My 22 year old son is telling me "mom, by the time you get done with the car it will look like a teenage boy is supposed to drive it!" He might be right but I don't care!

I appreciate the suggestion....just a bit hot in Florida still to go rifling through the junkyard for me....although they do send me messages every time they get a Honda Accord in that is within my parameters...kills me that I can jump up from my desk and run right over there to swipe off what I want.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM

Oh, you are a mom? Is it safe to assume you are female? (Never can tell these days!). I ALMOST typed "every man should have tools" but decided "everyone" was a safer word choice.

You'll probably have to repaint or have the mirror repainted unless you can find the same color. I got lucky since my car is silver, which was the most common color those years. Being so, the replacement mirror had just the right amount of wear to match the car.

Speaking of your rework, I'm planning on mounting a 1999 Accord spoiler, black in color, to my silver 2002 Accord. I also want to get some black put onto my silver OEM rims (powder coat in 2 tone) IF I can get it done at a decent price. I'll probably have the spoiler repainted a flat black since the gloss black won't look right.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:15 PM

LOL, yes, I'm a girl! They're going to repaint the existing mirrors because there's nothing wrong with them at all. I just wanted to get something with a more updated appearance.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:25 AM

Girl? Great. I am not mentally prepared for the 52 genders or whatever Bill Nye said there were. LOL

Oh, just an update? Glad the ones you have work. My original driver's side mirror had stopped moving up and down although left to right worked. I use the steerable mirrors each night-time drive because headlights are just too bright these days. I'll steer those downwards to prevent being blinded until I can pull over and let the very blind person pass.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:21 PM

I understand LOL. I don't do a lot of night time driving and last night I was reminded why...I left my location thinking that I'd hit the 24 hour Walgreens, at 8pm last night, before I went home and as soon as I turned the headlights on I remembered.."OH yes..I can't see s&*t with these old, cloudy, original 97 headlights"...so I went straight home.

I dropped the car off at the body shop this morning. I think I'll start my own thread about this new adventure. I'm so excited! It's like getting the latest and greatest "gotta have it for Christmas" present when I was a kid LOL. We DID take pics this morning before the drop off so I'll post those too..along with what I've purchased and what they're going to do etc. Still need some suggestions/advice on various aspects of the makeover.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 PM

You know my Corvette has the mirrors that dim down automatically so I thought maybe about putting a light tint on the mirrors of my two Hondas,I have not tried it yet but intend to. I think a film tint if it's dosent work would be easy to remove with no damage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sat in my uncle's '96 Accord.