Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious issues with my 2006 Honda Accord Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 01:57 PM
gjv
Default Serious issues with my 2006 Honda Accord Coupe!

Hello

I am new to this site and any helpful ideas or remedies would be greatly appreciated. I own a 2006 Honda Accord coupe with the V6 3.0 VTEC engine and 112.000 miles on the car. The car has serious issues whereas it cuts out randomly when accelerating at a dead stop,or when I am driving at around 40 miles an hour, and then go to accelerate, it will cut out. I have found that It's only at low speeds that this car with cut out when I go to accelerate. I am getting a U0107 on my OBD scanner along with multiple other codes. I had 3 mechanics diagnose the car to no avail. I finally took the car to Atlantic Honda hoping they would be able to fix their own car. They had the car for 2 1/2 months trying different remedies but unable to fix the problem. They changed the computer which they retrieved from a junkyard, and it did not fix the problem. Their engineer advised them it was the coil packs. They installed the coil packs, and it did not fix the problem. Next they told me it was the dash wiring harness and the fuse box for an additional $1,100 in addition to $2,752 already charged. At this point I no longer had any trust in their abilities and refused the additional charge. I got my car back in the same condition as it was brought in to repair. So now I am back to square one, at wits end, but haven't given up completely, and trying to resolve it on my own. I welcome any thoughts of feedback.

Old 06-05-2021, 03:21 PM

These are just all guesses, ...

Well, you have done the ignition, I would now check the fuel pump.
If you could put an oil pressure meter on it and watch what happens when it wants to stall
That might tell you if you need a new fuel pump.
Have you tried cleaning the throttle plate?
What about the IAC?? EGR??

Old 06-05-2021, 05:19 PM
gjv

Originally Posted by avisitor
These are just all guesses, ...

Well, you have done the ignition, I would now check the fuel pump.
If you could put an oil pressure meter on it and watch what happens when it wants to stall
That might tell you if you need a new fuel pump.
Have you tried cleaning the throttle plate?
What about the IAC?? EGR??
Thank you for your response. The one thing I know is, there is an open circuit somewhere in the wiring, because when I looked up two of the codes I pulled on my scanner, the U0107 and P0641 code, both of these codes alone are an open circuit, and that might explain the 20 other multiple codes I am getting on my scanner, there is a short somewhere in the wiring!

The problem is, locating the short in the wiring.