Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service charges

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Default service charges

New here, wanted to find out about charges. Have 2002 Accord DX. 132000 miles. Took it to dealer service for oil change and to check on the "maint req" light. Nothing major, but I never had the timing belt changed and there is a 120k service (I believe). I figured timing belt is important so I said go ahead with the oil change and timing belt.

By the end of the day, got call back from service dept. Was told no charge for oil change since that is part of the timing belt change. Great. I reminded the person that I had $75 coupon for timing belt, which he said he would take care of. Went to pick up my car and it looks like he charged me for the oil change because the final quote on the phone is only about $40 difference from my calculation of the final total and the $75 coupon.

So....is oil change part of timing belt change and therefore I should not have been charged in the first place, as suggested on the call back? Timing belt at 132k...is that normal?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: service charges

welcome to the forum, Timing belt chg is at 120k is normal. 132k is lucky on borrowed time ( I call it ) I hope the water pump, and seal, with crank seal and cam seals all have been changed also.If any leak oil or water, the shop has to go back into the same place and charge you all over again. If you feel the oil change was charged, go to the service manager and advise him that you were quoted a no oil charge, but take your receipt and show them you were charged. Sometimes the maint dept does not get the message or the charge person puts the charge on as a normal transaction.