Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy 2015 Used Accord or New Accord ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Default Should I buy 2015 Used Accord or New Accord ?

Hello,
I am in California and looking to buy Honda Accord in this month. While looking for new one, one of the dealer, who is 30 miles from my places, is having 2015 Honda Accord Sedan LX with just 1100 miles. He is quoting $19,991 on his website. I visited it today and car seems clean and almost new. As per Sales person, this car came out of Auction. This car was $20,991 till yesterday and now he reduced its price. It is on list since past 53 days.
I was reading more about price for new car and edmunds.com shows somebody bought this model for $20,100 ($21856 OTD). And 4th July weekend is just 2 weeks away. I am confused now -
- Should I bargain that car more ? What number should I give him to come down ?
- If somebody remember last year 4th July sales, can give me some idea, what kind of discount I can get on Accord ?
- If prices of new one and this one is too close, better should I pick new one ?
Please suggest.
MOD - This is my first post, if I posted in wrong forum, please show it correct path.
Regards

Old 06-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. if the vehicle was purchased for 21856 out the door, then reposessed and auctioned off, offer 2500 below asking price, be sure you have cash or financing ready in the event the the dealer may not want to finance you. dealer perfers to finance so they make more money. The depreciation has been paid, the dealer and sales got their sales money, so bargain. or get the new one and bargain also.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:56 PM

Perhaps too late for the OP, but my wife just went thru this exercise this weekend, looking for a lightly used '14 Accord LX. After driving an Accord EX-L and LX, a CR-V and even a used Prius on the lot of one dealer, we settled on a white '14 LX with less than 7k miles...but it was at another dealer. We asked our sales rep if they would transport it up so we could eye-ball it, etc. They were happy to arrange this and as it would probably take 2 hours we agreed to head off to lunch and await their call.

Within 15 minutes, the Lot Manager called and suggested that, rather than go thru the hassle of the transport, he'd sell us a NEW '15 LX for $500 more than the online price of the used car...and any color he had on the lot. The differential had been about $3k, but they had strongly suggested that the used car price was firm. We had not been considering a new one, but jumped at it. So far, all is fine...well, with all of 40 miles on the ODO.

Moral:

While on a lot (a dealer lot, at least), spend some quality time looking hard at lightly used vehicles that might be $3-4k below the sticker of a new one, and (hopefully) watch as they erase the new car price to within a couple of hundred. Our experience certainly suggests much more wiggle room on new car pricing...and we didn't have the unpleasant haggling taste in our mouth. YMMV, of course.

So here I am as a newly registered forum member (along with my SaabNetwork forum membership).

Old 07-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

glad you got your car. it should last you a long time. if you would like to know what the wiggle room of the new car is approx, email me at acmech52@yahoo.com I can give you an approx wiggle room the dealer has. Doug