Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SMS alerts stopped on my Accord Hybrid - how do I fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM
Default SMS alerts stopped on my Accord Hybrid - how do I fix?

Sometime, and I am not sure when, my Accord stopped showing "popup" alerts upon arrival of a new SMS message... most (95+%) of the time.

This function certainly worked fine through the summer, but sometime probably in the past 90 days it stopped. I can have a raftload of new texts, but won't know unless I view SMS in the car, or in my phone.

Phone is a Pixel 3a, and the message alerts - for individual and group messages - work fine when I'm using Android Auto, but usually I am not.

There's a setting in the regular SMS section to display a popup on receipt of a new text. This was set to yes (so I'd have expected to see the popups). I turned it to no, then back to yes, just in case that "broke the logjam." But it didn't.

FWIW, there was a new major Android release in September, and I think I've had to update the OS a couple times since. And MAYBE this new OS is when it stopped working. But all I care about is how do I get it working again.