Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Advice for '02 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Default Suspension Advice for '02 Accord

Hi Everyone, new here. I've mostly been into the audio scene for my Accord but as of late I've done some minor physical upgrades. It's time for new shocks and with the weight in my trunk, my car sags. My two batteries weigh 75 lbs each, sub weighs about 75 lbs as well, amps weight about 50 lbs, box, not quite too sure but I'd say maybe 50 lbs so I have around 400 lbs give or take in my trunk.

I may lower my car, maybe not, but the main thing I want to do is balance it out and I'm not too sure to go with. A friend of mine suggested going with Eibach Sport shocks and coil overs or Neuspeed. He told me to call up a good friend of his that he used to get parts from. I'm a complete noob, but the guy mentioned getting this kit: http://www.meganracing.com/products/...3&catid=93

The guy said he can do it for $1,100 installed, but I'm going to call around and see if there are other places that have the same kit and will sell cheaper. Seems like he's charging me retail, though over the phone he mentioned the kit goes for 1,200.

I'm wondering if this is what I would need or if it's going overboard. I want a good suspension, nothing that rides like jello, I'd like to balance the vehicle, and possibly lower. Would this be good to go with? Are there any other options I have. Any tips, suggestions, and comments will be much appreciated.