Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unknown part

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Default Unknown part

Hi: I have a 1995 Honda Accord that was damaged in an accident. The right front corner was clipped. It's all plastic and sheet metal damage, and I'm putting the car back together. There is one part that I don't know what it is. It's a plastic box, and it sits above the front part of the fender liner. It looks like part of the cold air intake would extend down into this box. Could anybody tell me what this is and what it does? Thanks, Alan

Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Unknown part

welcome to the forum, the box may be a charcoal purge canister. Does it have hose attatchments? It is not a part of a cold air intake sys. It pertains to the fuel system.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Hi: Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it is part of the cold air intake. There is a box under the hood in the right front corner of the engine compartment that the air filter sits in. The bottom of the air filter box has a hole in it about 3 inches in diameter. That hole mates up with a plastic tube formed in the shape of a "U" that has 2 smaller short tubes extending from it. The other end of the "U" has another tube that fits into it that sits to the right of the battery, and this looks like the actual air intake. The "U" tube has a flange on it that sits in the box in question. The box in question sits in back of the radiator support, in front of the tire, above the front part of the fender liner and below the deck the air filter box and batterysit on. It may be nothing more that a support of the "U" shaped tube, but I only have about 1/3 of it, as it was smashed in the accident. Hopefully this better description will allow you to help me identify what it is. I need to know what to call it so I can search ebay and some local junk yards too try to locate a replacement. Thanks again. Alan.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Try bkhondaparts.com, Just found them myself.Excellent Illustrated Parts diagrams.You may not be able to get a name of part if they don't stock it but at least you'll have a picture of it.Bernardi.com is good to deal with but their drawings are harder to acccess than they use to be,progress I suppose. Also try MagAuto who are members here.Having your VIN number handy will speed things along for you on these sites. Good Luck.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:03 PM

Hi: Many thanks. It's called a resonator chamber. Found it on BKHondaParts. Alan