Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Unsupported wallpaper

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Default Unsupported wallpaper

I just bought a 2013 Accord LX and have been trying to upload some wallpaper pictures from a flash drive. When I plug the drive into the USB port the picture names are displayed, but when I select them there is a message saying "Unsupported" out to the left side of the screen. I have followed the instructions about the size of the pictures and the names, and have tried three different flash drives. Any suggestions for how to get these loaded would be appreciated.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM

There may be a copyright block.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Smile My wallpaper findings

I have a 2013 Accord. I struggled with the wallpaper issue. I followed the instructions. The files were all pictures that I had taken....so I didn't suspect copyright.

I noticed two key facts: The one picture that worked was older and ...
Even though I had changed the resolution of the newer pictures to be within specs they did not work.

The "EXIF" data (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchan...ge_file_format) on the jpg files was different on the newer pictures....it still had the original resolution (3624X2448) (in addition to the new resolution) ...even though the new resolution was lower and within limits.

I have windows 7 and the editor did not seem to be able to change that original format information. So I took it to an XP machine and just used Microsoft Paint to "Resize".

I noticed that the iMID format is basically 1.5:1....and that was the same ratio/format as my 3624X2448...so I just resized to 36%...and saved the file.

I think that XP uses an older version for files that does not even store the original form factor.

Any way you look at it....it worked!

That's why some people say "Oh, I took the picture off of my Mac and it worked fine...just follow the instructions". Macs probably treat that exif information differently.

Hope this helps...if not feel free to ask questions.

P.S. ... it said that I can only have 3 wallpaper files....not 255

Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Default suggestion

i think you have to format flash first and then use it again

Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM

I didn't.

Also, check out
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77225

Someone there tried that and wasn't successful.

Last edited by PapaHomer; 07-28-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: additional information