Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM in 04 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Default XM in 04 Accord

I have a portable XM unit and of course my car has XM built in. I don't want to convert my subscription over to the car cause then I can't use it else where. I found an adapter I can buy that would in a round about way let me wire the audio in from the portable unit by splicing it in to the wiring harness. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to splice a wire into the XM antenna that was stock instead of routing the antenna from the portable XM car kit through the car. I've checked the skematics from the back of my haynes manual and it doesn't include any XM details so I don't know where to look to find the antenna wire. I'm trying to hard wire the base unit into the car so I don't have any exposed wires so I'd rather not use the loose antenna from the car kit when I have one mounted on my roof already.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 PM

y dont you try taking out the headunit and looking on the back of it to where the antenna wire is located and trace it to the stock roof mounted antenna? btw...u can splice into antenna wires but u may sacrafice signal strengh overall.