Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

'00 civic ferio vi-rs problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Default '00 civic ferio vi-rs problems

hi all,
im new here but have owned a honda for 4years now trouble free.....till now

my car is a '00 civic ferio vi-rs....it has the d15b 3stage vetec engine

upgrades are as follows....

4 to 1 maifold
apexi fc neo
tenzo cold air intake (wet gaurd sleeve)
decat pipe
ultralight alloys

so my problem is....i fired up my '00 honda civic vi-rs automatic today after alot of neglect since getting my newer to me car....r34 gtt

had to jump it as the battery was knackered....and to my horror it is reving like mad in neutral and park.....so i took it for a spin to get it some petrol....when i returned from paying for the petrol and started it up the drive light was flashing and it wasnt wanting to drive at all.....5mph @ 4000revs....so i brought it home.

then decided to bring it to a garage....(who couldnt fit me in)...and the drive light was not flashing anymore....and was driving o.k still not perfectly tho.....

the car continues to rev like mad in neutral and park....

next day.... was talking to a mechanic friend of mine

he told me the flashing "d "light was to do with the gear box....said to check the ATF in the gear box
i did that and all is good....then he said that the reving is down to carbon build up on one of the injectors....told me to either take it for a rip....rev the engine in neutral....or spray it with engine clean

so i reved it in netural.....and took it for a lil rip........the 2nd rev in neutral seemed to do the trick was ideling at 1000rpm again and staying there

so like a idiot i gave it another (just for good mesure).....

now its ratteling like mad in reverse and idels near 0rpm..... and cuts out in reverse

next day.....went out to start it and its just getting worse....

now i have to rev it just to fire up and when i take my foot off the accelarator it dies

any1 have any idea what the problem could be?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Welcome to the forum,Check to see if the throttle body is sticking,or if the Idel air control valve needs cleaning,best to take it apart to clean it.