Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

07 civic si tranny problem and warrenty wont cover need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Default 07 civic si tranny problem and warrenty wont cover need help asap

hey i got a 07 civic si i had bought used from a hydaui dealer it didnt have that many miles any way after having it for less than a month i noticed a trans problem so i broguht it bak but b 4 bringing it into service i had the car salesmen who sold me the car who said they knew the car good drive it he said nuttn was wrong problem kept on but only at high rpm it wouldent go into second then it had stopped....... no to long after same thing was happing in 3rd with not going in so i brought it in for a oil change and mention something they said well its here for service while they have it ill have a tech drive it... they said they see no problem and sent me off with just a oil change bill

i broguiht it back again soly for the tranny i couldent take it no more and i was close to the 30 some od thousand mark and warrenty would be ending shortly they said again caint duplicate problem and this time ghave me a recipt sayin so now this was in october now a month ago i brought it to honda witch i found out i stilkl had warrenty they said there is a problem i brought it to my selling dealer hyundai and they said ok well send it to honda its under warrenty

they open tranny and say there was wear and that there not going to cover it and now i have to pay to get it put back together mind u it was driving pretty darn good b 4 i broguht it in minus the 3rd gear problem but only in high rps....

now they say they caint put it back together cause suttn is bent but i have 2 pay for them taking it apart and i dont know what to do i need my car fixed and dont want to pay for it 2 get fixed or even to get it back i never raced it car is bone stock

what can i do

is there a soulution
is there a better biss buro or some one to call
any one work at honda can help ???

thanks for ur reply and bumpp me

Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Default RE: 07 civic si tranny problem and warrenty wont cover need help asap

can some one give me and advice or info please thanks

Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 AM

bump!!!!early bird gets the worm

Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum, sorry don't want the worm unless I go fishing for trout. Call American Honda and explain to them the situation, did you document anything as to when the shift problem started and all the things that has happened.
Before you call, write all the info down so it makes sense to the American Honda people. Go to the Web site to find the American Honda people you speak to. there are different locations thru out the U S. Make sure you state the car is still under warranty. and make sure that the car is under warranty.