Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

2002 honda civic ex halo projector light installtion HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Default 2002 honda civic ex halo projector light installtion HELP!

so i just got my halo projectors in, i believe they are sonar brand single halo projector/led headlights.. i have pretty much an idea on how to install them, however it is the wiring that is confusing me.

all the wires on the back consist of 1 red and 1 black wire, and 2 harnesses that i prob know where they go, but i dont know what to do with the single 1 red and black wire... do i attached those together?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 AM

the red and black wire are the power source for the halo light around the projector. you can splice them to your headlight wires or you can run them off the car battery via a fused switch inside the vehicle so you can turn them on and off at will. but honestly ebay halos usually don't last a year so i wouldn't even bother connecting them. also sonar headlights are notorious for leaking before you install them run a bead of clear silicone along the edges were the the two pieces meet. if i was you i wouldn't even put those chep headlights on your car the light output is horrible and the UV coating will fail prematurely you should keep the stock ones on or do a real projector retrofit.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:12 PM

Cheap projectors like that get a lot of mixed reviews.
The sharp cutoff is simple with a projecter, no-brainer. But the poor quality of the optics often produce lighter and darker spots, unlike a quality OEM projector with very even full light. It is still probably better than halogen, but I have seen a lot of cheapo projectors that would have me thinking twice about paying for them. Some projector housings are not designed for HID, despite what people will say. The optics are not configured for the return wire that is on a HID bulb and as a result you can wind up with dark spots in the beam pattern. Good luck,I would install them seeing as you already bought them,and let us know how it works out for you.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM

thanks for the info!! now i have a fogging problem.. but imma see if i can fix that.. any tips.. lol i kinda figured that i didnt seal all the little holes where the bulbs go and stuff.. but yeh..

Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM

i know i am a noob at this, i just started learning how to do stuff myself.. i want to learn by experience.. problems will come, but i'll learn from them.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 PM

i already told you in my first post about the leaking other then what i told you to do there really is not much else to stop the leaking besides putting the stock headlights back on which is what i would do. count your loss chalk it up to a valuable learning experience and get rid of those projectors. by the way what was wrong with the stock headlights ????

Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Once, you dry them out try the silicone lowlife told you about.