Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

2010 Honda Civic LX fuel economy issues- help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Default 2010 Honda Civic LX fuel economy issues- help!

Hello. I have a 2010 Honda Civic LX with approx. 2500 miles on it. During a snow storm backed into a snow bank accidentally, which pushed the muffler back and bent the b-pipe. This caused a rattle underneath the car and also affected the fuel economy and engine power. I have since gotten the muffler and b-pipe replaced, but I am still experiencing low fuel economy and sub-par engine performance. There is simply not much get-up-and-go. The maintenance icon (an orange wrench) lights up when I start the car, but disappears as soon as the engine is running. During acceleration I have to press the gas pedal harder than usual to coax the car into a higher gear (I have an automatic), and as this happens the speedometer will continue to climb even as the RPM's even out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Your car is under warranty, any fixing must be done by a honda dealer. I would not reccommend you touch a thing on the car. Ask the dealer to check in to the lack of power. They can put it on the machines and check for cause. It might cost you a diagnostic charge, due to the accident. You don't want to have people guessing on a new car.