Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

94 civic suspension woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Default 94 civic suspension woes

Ok, first I'm new to this forum and Honda cars for that matter. My sister-n-law owns a 94 civic automatic. I drove it one day and discovered all sorts of problems with it. The one that I need help with is when driving the car it seems to track straight unless you are on an uneven road (the best way I can describe it) like crossing an intersection where the road is raised more or dips in the road. When I drive through these the car immediately wants to pull to the right and then corrects itself. Its the strangest thing I have ever experienced in a vehicle. Otherwise the car tracks straight when you let go of the wheel. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. It may need a wheel alightment, check the bushings for ware or loose tie rod. jack the front up just off the ground and shake the tire/wheel like going thru the dip, and not more than enough to start the steering wheel to turn and check for loose parts.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Robert
Ok, first I'm new to this forum and Honda cars for that matter. My sister-n-law owns a 94 civic automatic. I drove it one day and discovered all sorts of problems with it. The one that I need help with is when driving the car it seems to track straight unless you are on an uneven road (the best way I can describe it) like crossing an intersection where the road is raised more or dips in the road. When I drive through these the car immediately wants to pull to the right and then corrects itself. Its the strangest thing I have ever experienced in a vehicle. Otherwise the car tracks straight when you let go of the wheel. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.

First of all, welcome to the forum as I am also new. Your problem can be because of two reason, first it may need wheel alignment and the second is, may be its wheel or rims are bend a little bit