Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

99 Civic fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Default 99 Civic fuel filter?

I would like to change the fuel filter in my Wife's 99 Civic EX coupe. I know where it is, but have never done this before. It would be great if I could get some pointers, like how to relieve the gas pressure, any tips etc. Thanks for any help!

Old 10-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Default RE: 99 Civic fuel filter?

I just changed mine in my 2000 civic. It's pretty simple for the most part, first you need to depressurize your fuel system, to do this take off the rear seat (there is one bolt holding it down on the back in the center) then you can just lift the cushion off and it should pull out of the clips on the front, then remove the access cover and disconnect the power connector on the fuel pump then try to crank the car, it might start for a second or not start at all then you are good to go. Now get your wrenches, i believe a 19mm,14mm,and 17mm are the sizes needed to remove the upper and lower fuel lines EX: the 19 on the fuel filter, and the 14 on the line then pulling them together, once you have both the lines disconnected take off the clamp by unscrewing the small bolt on the battery side of the filter which i believe is 10 mm. now the filter should come off. Now simpily do the reverse procedure for the new filter BE SURE TO HAVE NEW CRUSH WASHERS FOR THE BANJO BOLT ON TOP OF THE FILTER, once everything is put back together and done have someone watch under the hood while you start the car to make sure there are no leaks, it might take a sek to get started.

Hope this helps you out

rob