Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

already lowered...body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Default already lowered...body kit?

ok well i lowered my car about 3 months ago and i like the look, but now im debating weather i shoud do a bodykit or not? what do u guys think?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Default RE: already lowered...body kit?

If u are going to get a body kit well first of all do u have a wing on it or anything? Because if u u do then TAKE IT OFF!!! I hate to see cars go to waste when ppl put rainbow wings or alumnum spolers on. I prefer the fast look and go w/ out a spoiler if u have one. But i guess it depeds on where u live forinstance city+nice road=Body kit county+bumpy roads=no body kit. But what ever u like.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 AM

yea i had a fiberglass wing but took it off...i really think that the body kit would look sick on a lowered car...but being from maine i dont know if its such a good idea?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM

I have civic si that is lowered.. I sit about 3 inches off the ground. I have a body kit on it. If you are going to put the kit on just remember that if your car is lowered it sits closer to the road obviously and pebbles and other **** will be smackin into your body kit. So if you dont mind a bit of knicks and slight paint chips to the front and behind your front wheel wells on your side skirts you will be straight.. I have to tell you, my car looks sick with it on, and you will get more looks. If that is what you are trying to achieve. Hope I could help. Justin

Old 12-12-2007, 01:15 AM

don't get a bodykit, your car is already rice, why make it more rice???

Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM

Another thing is spend about a month or two and look closely at place you go to around town. I live in pa and I am going to actually raise my car because i can not get into the parking lots of 90% of the places i go (IE stores and resturants) because there are large dips and slopes to get into the parking lots mainly caused by the sidewalks or water washouts. Think about this most body kits are still made from Fiberglass and are not strong enought to take to much abuse from hitting or skidding along the road.

Another thing to take into consideration be prepared to spend alot of time smoothing your bodykit out to make it look nice. I got a kit from extreme Dimensions and the body shop has had alot of problems with the kit.. Bumpers are waviy and not smooth, The fenders didnt fit correctly at all, the back bupmer had to be pulled in the match up to the car and special mounts had to be made to hold it there. The front bumper had to also be modified to fit correctly. and 1 of the side skirts had to be built up to match the cars body lines.

So just be wear that the body shop will be spending alot of time to make it look good if your looking for a shop quality paint job!