catback exhaust for canadian 98 honda civic. - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:40 AM

Default catback exhaust for canadian 98 honda civic.

I want to put buy and self install a stainless steel cat back system for my 1998 Honda Civic LX. The problem I am facing is that it is a Canadian version and the vin number starts with the letter 2. I was looking onto Amazon at stainless steel catback from Spec-D tuning and the seller is saying that it cant fit a canadian version, IS THAT TRUE?. I don't want to folk out alot of money for a Magna flow where I can get this Spec-D tuning catback exhaust for much much less they a Magna flow.

Is there a difference between the shape of the exhaust for a Canadian version then an American/Japanese version exhaust pipe?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:33 PM

Spec-D tuning sells the same generic no name chinese crap you can find on ebay. do yourself a big favor and spend the extra money for the magna.that specD muffler will be rusted out within a year and the sound dampening material will burn up within months making it unbearably loud. side note adding a catback will gain you nothing except a different noise so with that being said why not just have a shop weld or clamp on a brand name reliable nice sounding universal muffler for half the price of a catback ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-16-2013 at 03:37 PM.