Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Exhaust Futureproof ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Default Exhaust Futureproof ideas

Hey guys and gals i currently drive a 1997 Honda Civic Ex. Everything is stock on the car pretty much. I have plans to swap stuff over in the future, like putting a gsr integra engine into the car. Well my dilemma is i need exhaust now, and what i get now i want to be able to work with the GSR swap. Currently everything from the cat back is pretty rusty and recently the muffler snapped off the car (still hanging on by mounts). I would like to replace everything i can possibly including the header/manifold on the current engine for the car, all the way back, then when swap time comes i can attach the new engine and header to the existing exhaust. A local exhaust shop some relatives trust, doesnt seem to like the idea of dont fix something that isnt broken. But i WANT/WILL replace all the exhaust one day just figured i could get at least 90% of it taken care of now. Is there any prebuilt highflow systems that could work for something im looking for? Pretty much i wanna know that if i decide to turbo the car in the future the exhaust wont need to be replaced. Money isnt really an object here i wanna know im getting something high performance.