Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Fuel system/electical issue??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Default Fuel system/electical issue??? Help!

So, I have a 93 civic. When I first got the car, it would not start. The guy who sold me the car told me to check the ground wire to the thermostat housing. There was a wire from that, grounded to that, which seemed kind of strange to me, but it worked for a couple days, until it wouldn't start again. I checked my fuses, relays, etc. Everything seemed to be working fine, but my fuel pump was not pumping. I told my buddy I was going to replace it, but he said no. He came over and ran a ground wire from the connector that goes into the fuel pump relay. The wire that it is hooked up with is green, with a silver line and it runs to my fuel pump. When you turn the power on, you touch the ground to the car, something clicks and the pump pumps, then you start the car. But now the car isn't starting. When I ground it, it sounds like static. I just don't know if something is out of place and shorting out somewhere, or if my computer is screwed up, but I need to figure this out so my car will run. Please help me someone..

Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Angry same here!!!!

i have been dealing with this for months now. my relay clicks with both the old one and new one. but still nothing.

some one knowledgeable please help.