Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

help 90 civic hatch with no dash light's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Angry help 90 civic hatch with no dash light's

I have a 90 civic hatch and when i bought it had no stereo so i let someone install one and after that my dash light's wouldn't work. i checked the fuses after i unhooked the stereo and a fuse was blown, so i replaced it and then tried the dash light's and still nothing. so someone told me they could have damaged the gauge cluster so i replaced it still no dash light's. so i looked up online to find what color coded wire's went to what on the stereo and hooked it back up, and i have about 6 wires left that have been cut from something I'm not sure from what was like this when i bought the car... I looked at the fuse box under the dash and there's a lot of empty spaces not sure if it is supposed to be like that but is and i don't know where to find out what goes where...

Last edited by sh3d3vilinme; 02-10-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM

There should be a diagram of for the fuse box on the plastic that comes off under the steering wheel. If not get yourself a chilton's manual. Is it all the dash lights that are out, speedo cluster and vent controls or just one or the other. If its both try the **** on the left side of the dash (I think its on the left) that adjusts the brightness of the cluster. Other wise if its just the vent controls which is were the wiring nightmare started with the stereo maybe something got unplugged and was forgotten about. If its the speedo cluster I'll look at mine and get back to you.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 PM

there isn't a plastic cover for it wasn't one when i bought it. everything works like the gauges and stuff just the lights in the cluster part wont come on and i tried that **** on the left to brighten or dim the dash light's and still nothing... cant be the cluster i already changed it, i checked the fuses under the hood, but there's still like 6 wire's that were cut where the radio goes, i have a radio there hooked up now and i did it the right way after they got done but still those 6 remain

Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 AM

try replacing that adjustment **** on the left of the dash. If your radio is working properly I wouldn't worry too much about the 6 extra wires. I would cap them off and call it a day.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM

my civics speedometer dashlights will be off until i hit the dashboard where the dimmer is and they come on, but i do believe its the faulty dimming *****/button.