Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Lost the Audio on Entertainment Center

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 08:58 AM
Default Lost the Audio on Entertainment Center

I have a 2016 Civic. I have my cell phone paired to the entertainment center with Bluetooth. Everything has been working just fine for years up until a couple of weeks ago, when the audio stopped working. I get no audio from Pulsar, the music app I use, and I get no audio from Google maps, both of which worked just fine until recently. The phone appears to be properly paired, since I see all the track/artist information on the car's screen and I can change tracks using the system's controls. I just don't get any sound. Before I go to the dealer for service, can anyone suggest anything I might have done regarding settings that somehow shut off the sound but left all other functions working?

Old 04-28-2022, 10:10 PM

I have no idea what settings you may have changed. If you don't know who would? It was working fine and you started changing settings?

Old 04-29-2022, 01:25 AM

Turn up the volume control?
Check the wiring to the speakers?
Check fuses to audio?

Old 04-29-2022, 10:40 AM

If it powers on and is working as you say with the exception of the audio output it is not a fuse unless you have a stand alone audio amp. If that is the case you will want to check that fuse. If OK you need to test the audio output.

Last edited by grcauto; 04-29-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by grcauto
I have no idea what settings you may have changed. If you don't know who would? It was working fine and you started changing settings?
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew what I meant so I assumed everyone else would also. Lesson: don't assume.

I don't know that I changed any settings. So if I did, I wouldn't know which ones I changed. There are lots of buttons and ***** on the entertainment system and I thought it possible that I accidentally changed something. I was hoping that what happened to me might trigger someone else saying "oh, yeah, that happened to me too. Here's what I did."

Old 04-29-2022, 02:06 PM

Were you changing things when it happened?