Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Mini Me Vtec gen4

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Default Mini Me Vtec gen4

Ok well I've been collecting parts and fortunatly enough for me mostly freebees.
I have a 91 Civic hatch dx which was free had to put a little money into of course to make it road worthy. I originally wasn't going to do anything to it but I keep getting more and more freebees. Had a 95 ex coupe at the shop I work at that was going to the junkyard so of course I took the Vtec head and intake manifold.(I also replaced my seats with the seats from the 95) I have plans now to do the mini-me swap on my D15 after I replace the valve seals and get the valves re-seated of course. Probably a port and polish as well. Now I've been doing my research on various sites and there are arguements on which headgasket to use as well as which timing belt. I've also been reading that I will need an adjustable cam gear. Can anyone tell me which headgasket works the best and of course which timing belt? I'm going for reliabilty not so much performance. This is a daily driver and I'm willing take better reliabilty over performance. I just want the car to have a little more ***** at the end of the day though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JoSh

Old 01-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Default RE: Mini Me Vtec gen4

saving up for your honda? buy a corolla and forget about collecting parts.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM

let me get this straight, ur honda has 1.8L and my mountain dew has 2L WOW hondas are HELLA g4y

Old 01-01-2007, 10:58 PM

Old 01-02-2007, 08:11 PM

HMMM let me see here. I don't just have my little civic. The civic is a daily driver and I don't do anything to it unless I get the parts either Cheap or free. and it has 1.5 liter which I aquired parts for free and plan on making a little bit more fun to drive. As far as a more serious car I own a 97 Saturn SL2 it is put away for the winter to get some work done to it before the spring hits. You know like redo the cat back exhaust, 4 wheel disc brake conversion, short throw shifter, etc.... but this isn't a saturn board so I won't bore you with the things that are already done. I just want a little help with the HONDA you know the forum this is for. As far your little toyota corolla goes its a cute little car that gets really good gas mileage like my civic. Why would I want something with payments when I own both my cars out right and don't have to worry about little things like warrenties.