Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

my 2000 honda civic hx

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Default my 2000 honda civic hx

hey im needing some help i been having some issues with my brake they went soft on me and i bleed the brakes and it still did it and then i change the master clyinder and bench bleed it like the instructions said and then bleed the brakes again and it is still doing it so i changed the front two calipers and bleed just the front and its still doing it and im also having a grinding or creeking noice everything i come to a stop i really need some help cause theres on two more thing that could be going out and i have eliminated that because its not leaking which is the wheel cylinders on the rear so that leaves the power brake booster could it be this?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. spongy brake could be form the booster if the diaphram is going weak, but normally air in the system. Did you bleed it backwards from the cylinder to the resovoir. sometimes need a brake bleed pot to do this. If the brake creeks only when you step on it, it could be the back linings rubbing against the back rub, normally there is a film of white greese to prevent the creeking. If there is a grinding noise it could be the the front brake pad, the pad backing metal loose and touching/rubbing on the hub, back brake dusty. Where is the noise coming from approx? does it make noise when you step on the brake or sometimes.