The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Civic Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/)
-   -   Need Civic Help? (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/need-civic-help-907/)

Patrick 12-06-2006 01:23 PM

Need Civic Help?

Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

beneleane 02-07-2009 08:08 AM

Honda Civic 1983/84 model(second generation of civic)

Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover..:confused: Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?

danny 03-15-2009 05:36 AM

hi im danny just recently bought honda civic 2.2 ctdi sports nice car.but im having a problem looking for a fuelflap cover because the ones that come with these cars are pretty naff.can you help

ricersforlife 04-08-2009 05:18 PM

hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.

vteccommander 04-11-2009 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 1623)
Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

Hit v tec on your computer

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:31 PM

my green thumb

Originally Posted by beneleane (Post 7574)
Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover..:confused: Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?

Take a piece of garden hoes cut it off about three feet long put one end to your ear and the other were you want to listen thes helps pin point were the noise is DONT LIT IT GET CAUGHT IN THE BELTS :cool:

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:37 PM

trixs are for handas

Originally Posted by chRiS BlunTZ (Post 8300)
hey wuts up my names chris and i have a 91 crx hf (at)....i want to do a complete swap (engine,tranny,susp,exhaust,etc...) but i cant decide what motor that i should use...right now im debating between a b16a,b18c, and a k20....i am lookin to spend around $6000 for everything...i also want to supercharge the engine thats why im thinking about a k20...idk help me out...thx

Thats not allot of a budget. my opineon go by a somewhat run douwn Acura LS with the b18 you will have the motor tranny and rear disc brake essembly then you should have enough to get a few other items such as complete turbo system pistons and cams (i wouldnt supercharge it):cool:PS: dont ask what it takes to put it in im trying to figur that out myself:cool:

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:39 PM

Need input

Originally Posted by ricersforlife (Post 8217)
hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.

Are you talking about the torque converter:cool:

91haydenSI 06-16-2009 10:51 PM

bad idea. dont go as big as a k20 and you should really look into the b16 ive seen it done and it doesnt screw with the weight balancing in the front. as for the super charger, boo! superchargers take power from the engine to deliver power, as for turbos they generate power from the heat. you would get more horsepower as well as torque (which is what most people use superchargers for) if you went with a turbo. if you dont like the loud burst of air noise go with i silent BOV.

99Civic-D16Y5 08-06-2009 02:29 AM

question, plz help

I have a question. Can i put a b16 or b18 head on a d16y5 block or is it
not worth it? Should i just invest in a swap or just do some internal upgrades
in the internals (rockers, cam, bore, rings and whatnot) of my engine? FYI i have a 99 civic HX, head code P2J.

Thanks