The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Civic Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/)
-   -   Need Civic Help? (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/need-civic-help-907/)

Patrick 12-06-2006 01:23 PM

Need Civic Help?

Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

beneleane 02-07-2009 08:08 AM

Honda Civic 1983/84 model(second generation of civic)

Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover..:confused: Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?

danny 03-15-2009 05:36 AM

hi im danny just recently bought honda civic 2.2 ctdi sports nice car.but im having a problem looking for a fuelflap cover because the ones that come with these cars are pretty naff.can you help

ricersforlife 04-08-2009 05:18 PM

hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.

vteccommander 04-11-2009 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 1623)
Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

Hit v tec on your computer

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:31 PM

my green thumb

Originally Posted by beneleane (Post 7574)
Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover..:confused: Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?

Take a piece of garden hoes cut it off about three feet long put one end to your ear and the other were you want to listen thes helps pin point were the noise is DONT LIT IT GET CAUGHT IN THE BELTS :cool:

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:37 PM

trixs are for handas

Originally Posted by chRiS BlunTZ (Post 8300)
hey wuts up my names chris and i have a 91 crx hf (at)....i want to do a complete swap (engine,tranny,susp,exhaust,etc...) but i cant decide what motor that i should use...right now im debating between a b16a,b18c, and a k20....i am lookin to spend around $6000 for everything...i also want to supercharge the engine thats why im thinking about a k20...idk help me out...thx

Thats not allot of a budget. my opineon go by a somewhat run douwn Acura LS with the b18 you will have the motor tranny and rear disc brake essembly then you should have enough to get a few other items such as complete turbo system pistons and cams (i wouldnt supercharge it):cool:PS: dont ask what it takes to put it in im trying to figur that out myself:cool:

tkhonda7 05-20-2009 01:39 PM

Need input

Originally Posted by ricersforlife (Post 8217)
hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.

Are you talking about the torque converter:cool:

91haydenSI 06-16-2009 10:51 PM

bad idea. dont go as big as a k20 and you should really look into the b16 ive seen it done and it doesnt screw with the weight balancing in the front. as for the super charger, boo! superchargers take power from the engine to deliver power, as for turbos they generate power from the heat. you would get more horsepower as well as torque (which is what most people use superchargers for) if you went with a turbo. if you dont like the loud burst of air noise go with i silent BOV.

99Civic-D16Y5 08-06-2009 02:29 AM

question, plz help

I have a question. Can i put a b16 or b18 head on a d16y5 block or is it
not worth it? Should i just invest in a swap or just do some internal upgrades
in the internals (rockers, cam, bore, rings and whatnot) of my engine? FYI i have a 99 civic HX, head code P2J.

Thanks

91haydenSI 08-06-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 99Civic-D16Y5 (Post 9696)
I have a question. Can i put a b16 or b18 head on a d16y5 block or is it
not worth it? Should i just invest in a swap or just do some internal upgrades
in the internals (rockers, cam, bore, rings and whatnot) of my engine? FYI i have a 99 civic HX, head code P2J.

Thanks

no you cant.. you can mix and match different B series heads and blocks but you cant take the bseries head to another series of motor..

91haydenSI 08-06-2009 02:02 PM

sorry i left this part out. you have the D16Y5 if you want to keep the block you have a ZC DOHC head will match up but i would suggest just doing the whole swap.. welcome to the forums and if you have anymore question post them in the civic section of the forums.

ahrenswett 08-20-2009 04:19 PM

NEED STOCK INTERIOR PARTS 95 civic DX

need stock dash for 95 civic dx as well as centerconsole and ceiling trim any ideas

ArthurHudson 01-01-2010 04:26 PM

Hi my name is Arthur, I just recently replaced my whole brake wireing harness. My problem is that their was a switch i had to hook to the clutch. Which when I did finally hook it up my running/taillights didnt work neither do my brake lights although my blinkers and reverse do work. Before i got tht wire hooked up my running/taillights, blinkers and reverse all worked but now the running/taillights dont work or brakelights. I replaced ALL the fuses that are in the fuse box. How do I get my lights to work?:confused::mad:

SAL 01-20-2010 04:26 PM

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tir...k%20Gloss.html

would these rims fit on my 2010 Civic LX-S? :confused:

nirvana 06-06-2010 03:33 AM

i am have a civic 99-00 model, i want mod to 09-10 how to do ?

brk2586 06-14-2010 09:49 PM

My 91 4dr sedan 1.5 LX Wheel bearing and steering are wiped. Please help.

So I'm driving and I turn down my radio on the parkway to hear the front right side screaming and smoking as the wheel started shaking at about 70 mph pretty well, so I slowed down, let it cool, and now i get constant shaking, scraping, and noise, from this side. also, along with the tie rod assembly that's wiped out as well to the same side on the right......so the wheel wanders a bit anyway............but I need help bad. please tell me what to do , where to get it cheap, and ill put that all in to get precise steering and good bearings on both sides. I might as well right>? but from who. new suspension kit? hub, bearing, control arms, bushings, ? Can I DO THIS MYSELf? I 've got a full set of tools, ramps, jacks, etc to get the job done but......:-( that nut on the front doesnt look fun either. heat it up with my torch? IDK. Help. Thanks.

acmech52 06-15-2010 01:18 AM

welcome to the forum. Best way to go If you want to save money and learn on your car, go to the salvage yard that has the same model car you have and take that one apart for parts on yours. Then work your car, also get a service manual to help you out.

jendra 06-26-2010 01:33 AM

Honda civic there are a some problem about a engine,when car stated some noise sound in my engine belting cover as for the super charger, boo! superchargers take power from the engine to deliver power, as for turbos they generate power from the heat,before real-pacing a engine you go to work-shop and know what problem occur then you change it.

mminney 08-31-2010 10:36 AM

sound in front driver-side

Hi guys, recently i had a wobbling in my front end... brought it to a shop and they replaced the hub bearings in both sides, after doing so my car developed a squeaking/grinding sound. my breaks were pulsating as well. i replaced my half shaft and got new break pads and roaters, but the noise hasnt gone away. it was only when i stopped but now its when im turning. its embaressing. it started as a squeak or bird chirp sound. then it turned into a pulsating grinding with the squeak.... any ideas? it still makes noise, but the pulsating break went away.

patrick_mcc89 11-06-2010 05:58 PM

ok. so if anyone on here can help me PLEASE. IM NOT THAT GOOD WITH CARS. i was given a 94 del sol and it has a small oil leak somewhere. not the main issue. main ones are it spits black smoke and black water when i rev it and it idles rough. has been idling rough for a while but just now started with the smoke and liquid. also my mpg seems to be 3-4 lower than it used to be. ANY ideas would be REALLY helpful.

acmech52 12-01-2010 08:27 AM

welcome to the forum. do a compression check, check your radiator to see if the water is going down, are all the spark plugs burning correctly, are the spark plug wires in good condition, when was your last tune up.

carlover 01-16-2011 08:39 AM

civic 95 is a awesome model i really like and prefer this model among others.

Brice0829 01-19-2011 11:34 PM

2002 honda civic ex tranny slip!!!!HELP

My name is brice and my sister in law recently bought a 2002 honda civic ex. The problem we are having is that the transmission is starting to slip and slowly but steadily is getting worse. The slipping occurs from 1st to 2nd then also from 2nd to 3rd. shifts fine in 3rd-4th-5th. tried taking off in low gear and switching into drive and overdrive and still it slips. But seems as though once the car is driven for a while (like 20-30 miles continuously) it doesnt slip as bad or at all. I have heard that the pcu, torque converter, could be going. I am wondering if first should try half flush with stops slip being added after filling back up.....Is there any thing else i can troubleshoot to narrow it down? does the tranny filter require transmission removel?

dennis616 01-30-2011 01:04 PM

f22b2

i have a f22b2 engine in my 1995 accord lx 5speed manual 4door
but i want a dif engine in my car. what vtec engine's will work in my car?

dennis616 01-30-2011 01:11 PM

f22b2

https://hondaforum.com/forum/images/...c/progress.gif https://hondaforum.com/forum/images/...ttons/edit.gif

bucwheat 01-30-2011 07:45 PM

Welcome to the forum,amybe 91HaydenSI can help he knows a lot about engine swaps.

babixpeaches 02-05-2011 05:43 PM

New 2011 Civic... where to ask about pricing?

Hi. I'm a newly licensed driver and I came to this forum looking for pricing help. However, it looks like this forum is mostly a tech forum. Is there a thread where I can ask about pricing?

91haydenSI 02-16-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by dennis616 (Post 15956)
https://hondaforum.com/forum/images/...c/progress.gif https://hondaforum.com/forum/images/...ttons/edit.gif

to be honest just about any motor CAN work in your car. its just depends on how much time and money your willing to spend. I am a fan of the F22 engine i have one in my civic right now. trust me when i say this V-tec isnt all its cracked up to be yes it may give you a boost in the top end but when are you ever going to bring your car over 5k? (dumb question) anyways aside from my rantine (i hate vtec motors, yet i have one) but if you want to go Vtec without breaking your wallet you can find a F22B1 head and throw her on your car.. vtec swaps arent to bad to do if all you have to do is get the head

jessy 06-08-2011 06:33 AM

sorry friend.....i cant help you..........

pcompton75 10-07-2011 09:02 AM

How hard is it to put a s2000 motor in a civic i have an ek hatch n was just wonderin

lowlife9 10-11-2011 10:06 PM

very hard considering the s2000 is rear wheel drive your going to want a k20 engine from a RSX.

rednwhiterocket 12-14-2011 06:32 AM

I don think a b head would even set on a d block go with b series

Brianw 03-03-2012 04:12 PM

Hello my name is Brian and my fiancé and I have a 1997 Honda civic lx with an automatic transmission and it started to act up slams hard into 2nd gear when up shifting then when down shifting coming to a stop it slams into gear to someone please help me I really don't wanna have to put a new transmission in it unless it is the tranny checked the fluid it's full and still has the red color and it does not smell burnt at all so kinda confusing me a little bit so someone please help me

brk2586 03-04-2012 06:53 AM

OK so it should still be an M4LA ...not 100% sure but the principle is always the same. import transmissions ...especially hondas, do not rely on fluid pressure to shift through the gears, it is all spring and clutch activated internally,literally just bathing in the oil inside the case, a good design, but unfortunately, as you'll come to know....almost every automatic civic from our circa hits 2nd a little hard and dumps into drive a bit rough after about 100000 miles or so. What can you do? the bands inside need to be adjusted. . . which is buku bucks to spend on your little civic. whole trans has to come out for adjustment. it is the real solution, yes.....but not a practical one. if your going to take it out, might as well find another to put in. Lucas heavy duty transmission fix. 1/4 of the bottle MAX and not a drop more. dont wanna make it too thick, Will smooth out your bang to an exceptable shift. . . and go easy on it till it warms up. cold oil doesnt like to find crevasses, cracks, seals, corners, etc. Ive been running my 91 with this mixture of trans fix / fluid and still shifts crisp to this day with 190XXX on the clock. Banged like hell when I first got it. . . a common problem

s76withh22 05-17-2012 07:50 PM

Bride race seats and takata hardness

If any one would like to make an offer on my Bride low rise racing seats ..

please Email me at tonycell22@gmail.com

My little brother crash the great little civic .. before I could install them

thanks
anthony

zoomersgarage 10-13-2012 06:30 PM

Well you might need to trim it down some more or it's rubing in a different area, this could be due to the engine having a retro-fitted timing gear on it, but I wouldn't go to the extent of swaping out an engine becuase of the small noise, just turn up the radio abit, the enginge is perfect.

zoomersgarage 10-13-2012 06:32 PM

Wow Tony, at first reading your post, I though you were taking offers of your Bride, I was going to say, I know how you feel; i'm about to put mine up for sale here soon.

zoomersgarage 10-13-2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Brianw (Post 18213)
Hello my name is Brian and my fiancé and I have a 1997 Honda civic lx with an automatic transmission and it started to act up slams hard into 2nd gear when up shifting then when down shifting coming to a stop it slams into gear to someone please help me I really don't wanna have to put a new transmission in it unless it is the tranny checked the fluid it's full and still has the red color and it does not smell burnt at all so kinda confusing me a little bit so someone please help me

Hey Brian, good new is that you don't need a tranny, if the level and color is good then what you need are new shift selonoids that are accessible when you take off the tranny pan.:cool:

zoomersgarage 10-13-2012 06:43 PM

:oHey Mitchell, sound like you need to replace the rotors on both sides #1 pulsating issue there with my experience, especially if you drive up/down hill alot, second, when your in there back off alittle of the tightness on those wheel bearing nuts; might be too tight; it's just supposed to be lightly snuged.